Wednesday, October 9, 2013

80s Retro - "PUNK NINJA" Lives!!!

 While working on the R.S. book project tonight, I found some old comix that I had contributed art too. One of the earliest was a mini-comic from 1987, published Ryan Holland of Vision Comics called "Punk Ninja". Straight forward concept, classic eight page mini with a drawing of a Punk Ninja by a different artist on each page. You can find my bit on page five.


Nearly all of the renditions gave the Ninja a Mohawk, which was standard-issue for punk rockers back then. Of course there is also loads of leather and spikes (thank you "Road Warrior"). I got to say that I'm not too embarrassed by my P-Ninja drawing. Strong, basic composition and I even worked in some shurikens (Chinese throwing stars). I'm not sure if the Chinese writing is legit, but that is one serious Mohawk.

OK HW

No comments:

Post a Comment